Mark it on your calendar, Lafayette, LA native Stephen Domingue from Ragin Cajun says “Come pass a good time” in the 1st annual Mardi Gras Parte’ at The Great Race Place. The Mardi Gras celebration features Cajun two-steppin music and Cajun cooking from the Food Network’s “The Great Food Truck Race” of season 1 and 2. Stephen says “Come family and all, we’re going have a Mardi Gras Ball.” Laissez les bons temps rouler (let the good times roll). Come join White Rabbit Truck for Santa Anita park super truck event. All trucks participating have been Food Network televised.
· Live music by Lisa Haley and Eddie Baytos and the Nevis Brothers
· 12 Gourmet Food Trucks
· Premier live horse racing
· Cajun food and drink
Santa Anita offers free, fun-filled activities for children on the track’s picturesque Infield including:
· Giant Inflatable Slide
· Giant Moon Bounce
· Featuring the horse that starred in the 2003 Blockbuster Movie “Seabiscuit”
Pony Rides are on a specially constructed, child-sized racetrack where children can dress up in real jockey silks.
· Pony Rides ($2 charge)
· Pony Ride + Winners Circle Photo ($4 charge)
Face painting, non-toxic paint.
· Face Painting ($2 charge)
· Hands-on carnival booth where children can win prizes.
· 1 ticket per game (2 tickets for $1.00)
Ticket booth located in front of the Seabiscuit Exhibit.
Children’s activities not available in inclement weather.
Admission to Santa Anita is free for children 17 and under with a parent. Adult admission is $5.00